American Rapper, DJ, Art Gallery Owner, Party Organizer, Writer, and Record Label owner now living in Berlin.

I rap in SCREAM CLUB, My art gallery is THE FAB LAB,, I write for BEND OVER MAGAZINE as well as HUGS AND KISSES , I DJ all over, I organize different partys (SOAP, CLUB OK, CLUB AWESOME, CLUB ROMANCE, SUNDAY ARTICUE). When I am not doing that stuff I like to go out, see what my talented and creative friends are up to.

So this blog is everything related to Me. Dj gigs, Scream Club shows. Crunks Not Dead stuff. Action at THE FAB LAB. Parties I go to, and whatever other interesting things inspire me. A slice of my life. A basic over view. I hope you will find it informative and entertaining.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Where does the time go?

Ok so last time I blogged I was in Zurich at the Hotel Nirwana Dada fest. What has been up since then, let me check my calander.....

Well a bunch, most of it I don't have photos of. I djed at Barbie Deinhoff's. It was nice, people are leaving their houses again now that the weather is warming up.

I went to a party at SAMEHEADS. It a cool clothing shop / cafe / small party spot in Berlin.
On the night that I went there was a live band called BLONDES.
I didn't know much about them before, but I have to say the shit was tight. They were a live Dance Band, they weren't much to look at, I mean they were not ugly, they just didn't really put on a show per say, they did twist a bunch of knobs and make a killer sound though.

I mainly wanted to go to the party because I had been curious about this space for a while. Lisa my house mate from Glyph has some clothes there, I had heard great things about the space, I had just met one of guys who runs the space at a going away party for Anto Christ , and on top of that Danial from my new fav blog Guccigoth was djing, and my new friend from Leipzig was gonna be there,  so I had to see what it was all about.

I would have to say it was great. Small basement where the music was, but what it lacked in size it totally made up for in lights and a wicked sounds system. Unfortunatly the shop area was closed, but the cafe area was packed, there were a super high ratio of what I consider sexy people, and I got to meet Daniel, see Jana, and Polina Decay.  So I was stoked to meet new  interesting people, plus see some people I adore, like Josephine aka Lady Ballooon.

There was a birthday party for someone where all the attendees were encouraged to dress like someone who died at the age of 27, so as you can imagine there was some interesting presentations. I didn't however see this guy I had heard about who supposedly shows up to all the samehead partys with a cruch and does the splits standing up with his leg propped on the crutch. All the more reason to return.

Polina is cool, she told me about this fest she is organizing DROPDEAD fest.

I think it was the following monday I went to her house to listen to the "flocka waka" mixtape.
We were told to bring cheap champagne. I didn't know what to expect, but some of the things I found were home made green tea ice cream, an assortment of wonderful deserts, lots of champagne, or sekt, and some not even so cheap. Everyone there was nice, interesting, and did something cool.
Here are some links to some of the people I met and what they are doing....


symbolclub,aniaetleprogrammeur, butterclock, o-f-f,
originally I had a big idea about making a mix for you off all the people that I met this night
but you know, I got busy, so you gotta research it yourself
I also met a guy from this blog
www.nofearofpop.net

What else....



oh, I went to the grand opening of EXIT.
EXIT is a boutique featuring the designs of Juan Chamie and the costumes of Mad Kate.
Two of Berlins most interesting people. Juan is a super original and talented fashion designer and singer, and Mad Kate is a performance artist, dancer, writer, singer, you name it she does it, and she does it well.
There was a jazz band, then a fashion show, there was again, a lot of sexy and friendly people.
I see a bright future them, and if you want to see it for yourself
EXIT is located at Wienerstrasse 32, 10999 Berlin, Germany, in the heart of Kreuzberg.

And after all the fun out in the world I came back to host my own events at my own headquarters
THE FAB LAB.
First I had BADKAT, a female hip hop purist from Georgia now living in Berlin. She did an hour and 10 minute set, and she rocked it through and through. No opener, no headliner, all her, and the shit was tight.  Here are some photos from the event.




This is the wall decoration I made special for the event.

You can see more photos on THE FAB LAB blog.







The next night after that THE FAB LAB hosted the MEZGEREI photo exhibition.
Metzgerei is a real mover and shaker, and one of my personal role models of Berlin.
She is an amazing DJ, Organizer and Magazine Editor/Creator of Bend Over Magazine.
She also organized the tour for the Queer X show, the tour that the documentary Too Much Pussy is about.




Of course I had a little help from my Bartender Babe Scream Club Band Mate and B friend Sarah Adorable.


Currently I am thinking about what to do in April at The Fab Lab, and sort of more or less willing into my life an intern or something like that who can help with webstuff and publicity.

Oh and turns out the vision wall is working from the PEEK A BOO exhibition. One of the "dream" images was SCREAM CLUB on the cover of FORBES MAGAZINE, and though that didn't happen exactly, randomly enough, I got a google alert today and its a feature on forbes.com website about Cindy Wonderful of Scream Club on Shunda K's new single "here I am to save the world". Pretty awesome stuff, a definite step in the right direction.

So I am gonna keep dreaming... oh and I shot episode number 2 of BERLIN TUBS... probably will edit soon.

I am as clean as they come...

Still with out a shower, but still keeping it fresh!

(quality photos from this blog provided by  Sara Svärtan Persson, the crapier ones, I took)

No comments:

Post a Comment