American Rapper, DJ, Art Gallery Owner, Party Organizer, Writer, and Record Label owner now living in Berlin.

I rap in SCREAM CLUB, My art gallery is THE FAB LAB,, I write for BEND OVER MAGAZINE as well as HUGS AND KISSES , I DJ all over, I organize different partys (SOAP, CLUB OK, CLUB AWESOME, CLUB ROMANCE, SUNDAY ARTICUE). When I am not doing that stuff I like to go out, see what my talented and creative friends are up to.

So this blog is everything related to Me. Dj gigs, Scream Club shows. Crunks Not Dead stuff. Action at THE FAB LAB. Parties I go to, and whatever other interesting things inspire me. A slice of my life. A basic over view. I hope you will find it informative and entertaining.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Fab Lab, Festsaal, CCCP, Saloon DeCouCou

Jan 7th

It started off in THE FAB LAB where I hosted Mr Maloke (of The Puppetmastaz) and Ingeborg Fachmann. It was live poetry and puppetry in the Glyph space.

I wont lie. After 2 years of living in Berlin, my german is still really bad. For the most part I had no idea what they were saying, however the german speaking  portion of the audience seemed to think it was hilarious.

I had fun anyways. 





















Not only was it a live performance, it was also the debut of the Maegan Stracy Pop up shop at THE FAB LAB.





























Since all the shows at The Fab Lab end at 10pm, the night was young and I was just begining.

Next I went to see Nicky Click play her last Berlin show at CCCP.

Since I have been back from the states, I have loosely been working on adapting a new healthy lifestyle.  I have been going on these long walks. I have even been running a tiny bit. I can't run far, but I heard this inspiring story about a friend of a friend who was  training and within 4 months she went from only being able to run for 3 seconds to running a marathon.
I have been fantasizing maybe this could happen to me. So to make a long story longer, I ran / walked / ran / walked to CCCP from The Fab Lab.

Now I am sore.

It was sure nice having Nicky in town.







DJ Shredder played an AWESOME DJ set. Smooth Operator. I was loving the jams and transitions.


This is me and Juan of a Kind.
For the life of me, I have no idea who's lipstick is smeared all over my face.











It was the Nuclear Family CD release party for thier new album "Fuck My He Art".
You can listen to it here.













Catchy up with my ravishing pal Layana.
So after CCCP, I went with Sarah Adorable and Teresa to see Romain (aka ELECTROSEXUAL)
He was djing and it was awesome. Unfortunatlly this is part where my camera battery died.











On thursday, me and the crew, Sarah, Henri, Nicky, LadyJane, and Anja went to see Lena Braun perform at her space Saloon DeCouCou. She is the lady who started Barbie Deinhoff's, she was also involved with starting the Jamacian resturant across the street from my house, plus she organizes festivals and art exhibtions in Berlin and Beyond. She is a real charector, a classy lady, a real doer in this town.
I adore her. Here are some pictures from the night.


Other things I have been doing that I don't have pictures of include seeing Spirtwo live at Wunderbar.  She was great. I have been listening to her cd ever since.

I have also been listening to Romanteek , their new ep B_Sides, plus a sneak peak of thier upcoming record too. Its fantastic.

Oh and TONS of Stevie Nicks that I got from my aunt over Christmas. Like 189 rare demos and unreleased mp3s.  This is the music that I spent my teenage years listening too.



Well that is most of it for now. Its almost 11pm.
Im off to write my daily "morning pages".
Better late then never. . . . .











No comments:

Post a Comment