American Rapper, DJ, Art Gallery Owner, Party Organizer, Writer, and Record Label owner now living in Berlin.

I rap in SCREAM CLUB, My art gallery is THE FAB LAB,, I write for BEND OVER MAGAZINE as well as HUGS AND KISSES , I DJ all over, I organize different partys (SOAP, CLUB OK, CLUB AWESOME, CLUB ROMANCE, SUNDAY ARTICUE). When I am not doing that stuff I like to go out, see what my talented and creative friends are up to.

So this blog is everything related to Me. Dj gigs, Scream Club shows. Crunks Not Dead stuff. Action at THE FAB LAB. Parties I go to, and whatever other interesting things inspire me. A slice of my life. A basic over view. I hope you will find it informative and entertaining.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Brussels, R Kelly Con, Human Leauge, and Scream Club goes urban/tribal...

Ok, I been not so consistant on my blogs, I know, but with the advent of Facebook, sometimes I feel like it is unnessisary, but well, on the off chance there is someone out there that this is remotely interesting to, I will give you the 411 of what I have been doing, at least some of the Highlights.....

1. Went to Brussels, actually the first flight I missed, luckily we didn't play till the next day, so I didn't have to cry and refund a bunch of money, and miss an awesome show. When I got there I learned Sarah had been attacked (she is ok) some dude tackled her to the ground after spouting out a bunch of french bullshit, she says she channeled Debra Morgen (The sister on DEXTER) and she made it away unscathed, still scary, so ladies if you are reading, pleasee rememeber if someone attacks you, strike back in the EYES, NOSE, THROAT, KNEE, or GROIN.

The party in Brussels was organized by the lovely Delphine von Kaatz!. You might know her from the amazing underware she makes, and more notably the underware she made for Beth Ditto. Awesome Stuff.....The party was twin themed and the crowd was mega mega energetic.

The next day we djed at a cool cafe, fun time, brussels, minus that one douche bag, you guys were awesome.














2. The next big thing was the R KELLY CON at THE FAB LAB. It was an R kelly themed art exhibition and Screening of Trapped in the Closet. It was co-organized by Scott Sinclair and it was a blast. If you havn't seen Trapped in the Closet yet, I highly recommend it.  And for the record, there is no irony in my love for R KELLY. I am for real about it. I LOVE IT!!!!

























After the R KELLY CON I enjoyed a night out at Monstor Ronsons for the BEND OVER Party.
It was nice, as everything Meine Metzgerei does. Mad Kate did a dancing performance, it was nice.
Unfortunatly no photos.

3. Scream Club has been setting out on an exciting new direction. We have been prcaticing all week and last night we debuted our new songs. We have 3 new songs as a matter of fact. All about love. And not one of them is a rap song. Its chanty, tribaly, urban. We were joined by Meggan Gottard as she interpreted our songs with her body. I was scared shitless. It was the most nervous I think I have ever been for a scream club show. The sound was super dooper shitty, but I really think it was ok.
I am looking forward to recording soon and seeing what other kind of songs come out.

4. The link for our new 7" is out now, check it out
http://soundcloud.com/comfortzone/kumbia-queers-vs-scream-club

For more indepth pictures of the Show in Brussels or R Kelly Con, check out the blog at
www.thefablab.blogspot, or facebook.

Oh yeah, and thanks to our homie FRAN we got to go see Human League on the guest list even.
I have to say after 30 years, they are still awesome. Thanks FRAN!!!!!

Thanks for reading.

xo cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment